Since my grandmother told me that the universe was made by tiny particles, I have been fallen in love with the deepest understanding of how nature works. Physics was my first love, in particular the theoretical aspects of particles, space, and time. I took my bachelor’s, master’s degree, and Ph.D. digging up the mysteries of the universe.
In one sense, I was interested in the language of nature. It sounds funny that now I am into another language, the human language. Currently, I am working and researching in the field of Artificial Intelligence. In particular, I am using deep learning to solve Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems. More in general, I am interested in AI research and in AI applications to science and social good. I am also committed to education and science communication.
- Senior Deep Learning Scientist @ Harman, a Samsung Company.
- Machine Learning Instructor @ MHPC (SISSA/ICTP, Trieste), @ Experis Academy , @ Codingwaves
- Research Scientist (Advisor) @ AINDO and Scientific Advisor for VINHOOD, APICAL (startups)
- Speaker and Deep Learning Italia Community Manager
Lectures (as an Instructor)
- (Nov 2020) My e-learning course on Deep Learning for Computer Vision;
- (June 2020) Master High-Performance Computing (SISSA/ICTP), Trieste: Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing (Repo);
- (Nov 2019) Deep Learning Master, Experis Academy, Kilometro Rosso (Bergamo): Generative Deep Learning Models & Natural Language Processing courses;
- (May 2019) Master High-Performance Computing (SISSA/ICTP), Trieste: Generative Deep Learning Models;
- (Nov 2018) Deep Learning Master, Experis Academy, Kilometer Rosso (Bergamo): Deep Learning for Computer Vision.
Some of my lectures and workshops are collected on my GitHub.
- Ph.D. in Statistical Physics @ SISSA (2016, Group Page)
Thesis: On entanglement negativity in 1+1 and 2+1 dimensional quantum systems
Details: I pursued research in fundamental physical quantities such as entanglement entropy, mutual information, and entanglement negativity. These quantities have relevant roles in many-body physics, quantum information theory and holographic theories, such as ADS/CFT. Besides an analytical component, my work had a strong numerical approach which materialized in several publications on relevant scientific journals (Google Scholar).
- Master in High-Performance Computing (CNR-IOM fellowship, 2017)
Project: Deep Learning for Nanoscience Scanning Electron Microscope Image Recognition
- Master Degree in Theoretical Particle Physics, Padua University (2011)
Thesis: Supersymmetric Sigma Models in two-dimension and their integrability (PI: Prof. D. Sorokin)
- Bachelor Degree in Physics, Padua University (2008)
Thesis: Feynman Path Integral and Stochastic Processes (PI: Prof. P. Marchetti)